The air is crisp, leaves are crunchy, and our fall calendars are filling up fast! Family events, outdoor activities, favorite not-to-be-missed traditions, parties, and a gazillion other things. Dressing your kiddos for it all can actually be easy and – yes! – fun. Because we’ve got lots of terrific new outfit options for all things fall…
Great outerwear for the great outdoors
Whether you’re taking walks in the woods, spending an afternoon at the park, or enjoying a stroll around the neighborhood to ooh-and-aaah over seasonal decorations – cozy jackets and hats are a must. The trick of course: what will kids put on without a fuss? Some great kid-approved ideas:
- Metallics shine: Our beautiful Metallic Rainbow Puffy Coat makes any chilly day feel a bit warmer. An attached hood comes in handy when hats go missing. We’re coveting this gorgeous silver Metallic Puffer Jacket with a longer length and cozy collar. Even the leopard print lining says “fun!” As for hats, how cute is this Lotus Pink Alexandra Beanie? The mix of colors complements a whole host of coats in a girl’s closet.
- Camo spotted everywhere: Boys really go for camo prints, and what we like about these two jackets is the camo print’s subtle, so they work with more of his outfits. Take the versatile Black Camo Summit Puffer Coat. It’ll keep your little guy toasty from fall to spring. For those of you living in colder climes, note our Puffy Coat Teal Cloud Print is down-filled for that extra warmth he needs on the playground or a snowy day in January. As for snuggly knit toppers, the Alloy Hat coordinates with our two puffers. For a pop of color, try the fun Harking Hat. Prefer a more classic color palette? The Founder Hat Heather Oatmeal is your best bet.
Pumpkin picking & apple cider sipping
Heading to the local pumpkin patch is a beloved fall tradition for lots of us. Not only do you need cozy outfits for the kids, you’ll be sharing photos – so why not make those outfits photogenic, too? Coming right up …
- Insta-worthy outfits: A fall essential, you can never go wrong with a cozy sweater! Candy colors and a large ruffle make this Ruffle Sweater a must-have for the season. Colorful hearts turn our softie Heart Sweater into an eye-catching choice. We love how versatile both are – top off her favorite jeans, leggings or tutu skirt with ease. Co-ords and matching sets are a great way to look cute for all your fall photos – we love this pretty Flower Skirt and matching Flower Cardigan. Add tights and boots for extra warmth if the day is chilly. This duo can be worn as separates for more options, goes to school as easily as Thanksgiving dinner. For an added layer of warmth (and extra points for style), a warm, faux fur coat is every girl’s dream. Our Cleo Coat is scrumptiously plush in a pink that pops wherever she is. Cover her ears anytime with fluffy Earmuffs and she’s head-to-toe cozy.
- It’s all about the jeans: If you need to update your girl’s jeans, check out our stylish wardrobe staples. Liana Jeans are slightly distressed, not too tight and have all the stretchy comfort a kid needs when scrambling around pumpkins and sitting on hay bales. For an updated classic 5-pocket, go for the Vintage Straight Leg Jeans. Jeans go with any tops and are a great option when it’s too chilly for skirts and dresses.
- Boys will be boys: Nothing screams fall like an argyle pattern! Meet our Kos Sweater, the perfect autumnal addition to his wardrobe, especially when paired with a classic pair of brown corduroy pants.
Not all cardigans have to be “stuffy,” little dudes totally rock this Shelby Cardigan in navy/cream. A wardrobe staple that works all season long, and a handsome option for those fall/holiday photos. For a vintage ‘80s vibe, don’t miss this Heritage Cord Jacket. A fleece collar and lining give it outdoor longevity. Layer up with some stylish tops and shirt options. Henley tops are always a classic and never go out of style, like this Long Sleeve Camden Henley in grey, black, red or white. They make a great option for school, too! Looking for something a little more seasonal for Halloween? Boys will love the Ghost Ball or Ghost Ride T-Shirt for fun costume apparel which is perfect for pumpkin picking! Round out his look with rugged, popular Skinny Twills in gold or a cool camo print.
Netflix night in
Get out the popcorn and sodas – it’s showtime! Whether you’re watching a favorite movie for the first time or the fifth(!), comfort is key. Comfy athleisure wear and sweats coming right up.
- Chillin’ in style: No plain gray sweats here! Girls can lounge in this on-trend outfit: a Rainbow Camo Dream Print Top and Rainbow Camo Dream Print Joggers. Or team up this Blue Melange Slouchy Sweatshirt with the matching Blue Melange Stanton Joggers. All great for home and school, and hangin’ out with friends.
- Girl’s night in: Their name says it all – Pink Cozy Faux Fur Lounge Sets for mom and daughter. You might start a new monthly tradition or weekly ritual!
- Sporty style: Any of these will score major points with your little guy in the cool-looking/comfy-feeling department. A 2-piece Hacci Hoodie Set, Heather Camo Highland Sweats, and the Denim Blue Strivers Hoodie and matching Denim Blue Gym Sweatpants. He’ll want to wear them to school and fortunately, they’re nice enough to make the grade.
While there’s no official start to party season, once Halloween is over most family calendars fill up quickly. Holiday parties, school concerts, recitals, The Nutcracker Ballet – all great reasons to dress up the kids. Or maybe you and the kids have a fall wedding to attend? Luckily our latest Girls’ & Boys Occasion Collection and Special Occasion Accessories have absolutely gorgeous styles for all things fancy.
- Dreamy dresses: A cascade of pink ruffles, gold stars and a gold sash make our Blush Ruffles Dress a stunner for seasonal parties. Your girl will look like a Christmas angel in this Star Sequin Flare Dress. Gold and silver stars add shine, and if she’s fussy about fit, this A-line style couldn’t be more comfortable. Older girls love this Black Evaleen Halter Dress, which has sparkle trim and a sophisticated silhouette. Find all the perfect accessories for her outfits right here – Mini Organza Hair Clips, White Tights, Princess Glitter Heels to make her feel grown up. And how exquisite is this Sandy Bag? She’ll want to carry it everywhere.
- It suits him: There are plenty of handsome options for boys, too. Your guy will look so dapper in this Peak Lapel Blazer in rich, timeless camel. The matching Camel Suit Pants let you put together a whole look, but either piece works great as separates with items he likely already has. For a new suit, we love this Glen Plaid Stretchy Mod Suit. The subtle pattern’s a nice change from solids, and it’s got extra stretch our perpetually-active little guys need. He’ll wear it over and over, and bonus: the incredible quality makes it hand-me-downable. For something extra special, our Tuxedo Suit Jacket is about as dashing as they come. Your handsome young man will definitely melt hearts and steal the show! Pick up a perfect Bow Tie to go with it, while you’re at it.
The highlight of fall is, of course, Thanksgiving. Not all get-togethers call for dressy outfits, but if yours does, here are some fabulous looks that let your kids shine. (Consider them for Christmas and December events, too.)
- Fancy dress season is here: Give a nod to the season with this cute Pumpkin Dress. Feels comfy as a favorite sweatshirt, while sparkle tulle and pretty pumpkin design dress it up. For a timeless style that’s wonderfully versatile, we adore this floral print Bellevue Cottage Dress. Smocking and other charming details make it ideal for all things fall. Nothing says “holidays” like velvet and here are two beauties to consider: Claudette Velvet Dress in a blue floral print and our Victorian Velvet Dress in a rich red velvet with embroidery. Both will keep her plenty comfortable when she’s sitting pretty or playing with the cousins.
- Suit not required: Let’s all give thanks for pieces like this, which let little guys look stylish and stay comfy from the get-go. Pair this Grey Stripe Verses Polo with a smart looking Slim Leg Denims (that literally go with everything). Just enough easy stretch for running around the house or playing tag in the yard. Not every boy wants to wear red, but yours just might rock these cool Tibetan Red Skinny Cords. Finally, you can’t go wrong with a cozy Flannel Shirt – here’s a winner in burnt sienna plaid.
Fall’s in full swing – time to find fun outfits both you and your kiddos will fall for!